Pen & Pencil Sets
Chat
Login Form
User Name:
Password:
[ New Messages · Members · Forum Rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Glen  
Forums » Fish Stories » Fish Stories » Shark Contest (A Three Day Contest)
Shark Contest
GlenDate: Sunday, 15/April/2012, 11:41:19 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Awards: 0
Well I will start this one, with a good true story.
I was about 16 years old when this took place. A couple of guys that I had met got me into shark fishing.
I was more into trout,flounder,croaker and fish like that, never thought about fishing for sharks, untill
I met these guys. We became good friends, started to go fishing more and more with them, they taught
me how to use a surf rod with a jigmaster (man was that the days). Well after about a year went by
we decided to get into a shark contest, so we loaded up friday night and headed down to Galveston, Texas to the Flag Ship Pier. Everybody was catching all sizes of sharks. Well it slowed down,
so I decided to get the trout rod out and catch some small fish for bait. Well I had caught a piggy perch about 5" long and decide to put it on the surf rod I was using (everyone telling me I'm not going to catch anything with that), well I threw the piggy perch out about 80 yrds and it sat out there for about 4 hours, then all of a sudden my rod took off and it sound like the reel was going to blow up, I grab it and set the hook, the fight was on, it took about 2 1/2 hours to get this bad boy in. Well we weighed it and it was a 284lb Tiger Shark (Oh yeah first place ) now all I had to do is hold this untill 5:30pm sunday. Well sunday is here and its getting close to the end of the contest, then all of a suddena rod took off and this dude was fighting this fish and he didn't know what the heck he was doing either. Well they got the shark in and it was a bull shark (won the contest),and the dude was from Ohio, he won the New Truck & Boat
that was donated for the contest. Just my luck someone from out of town would win..

'I Have No Gills, Therefore I Fish"
"Love The Wife, Fish Hard, Fish Till You Die"

DEBBIEDate: Monday, 07/May/2012, 6:32:00 PM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Awards: 0
biggrin LOL, well it was a dang good effort there Glen on that Tiger Shark. You know that always how it ends up, someone from some other state coming in on Contests, and winning the Prise, Unfortunately!

Debbie

Forums » Fish Stories » Fish Stories » Shark Contest (A Three Day Contest)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Current Time&Date
1:09:40 PM
28/April/2024
Members

Copyright MyCorp © 2024 | Make a free website with uCoz